Southeast Asian cuisine is some of my absolute favorite food out there. I love this curry recipe. It’s super simple to throw together and it only requires probably 20 minutes of work on your part outside of cook time. I love making up a big batch of curry and taking the leftovers for lunches all week. It is a great topping for salad, inside a pita, or part of your grain bowl. Let me know how you like it!
- Veggies of choices (I usually do a head of cauliflower, 1-2 lbs of carrots, & 1/2 red onion)
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cans of coconut milk
- 2-4 tablespoons of red, yellow, or green curry paste
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 chopped tomato or 1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- Spices of your choice: I love using garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, curry powder, paprika, & turmeric
- Chop your veggies and place on baking sheet with chickpeas
- Coat your veggies with olive oil and spice to taste. Mixing to thoroughly coat all veggies
- Roast your veggies and chickpeas at 400F for 45 minutes or until they are at your preferred level of crunchiness, stirring half way through
- Bring 1 can of coconut milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir and simmer on low till thicker (5-10 minutes)
- Once veggies are out of the oven, brown the onions in a large pan with a small drizzle of olive oil before adding the garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add 2 T. curry paste and 1/4 of the thickened coconut milk into the pan with the onion garlic mixture.
- Stir till paste dissolved. (This is a great time for a taste test! Add in additional curry paste if you like strong flavor)
- Add roasted veggies, 1 T. soy sauce, and remaining coconut milk. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes
- Add 1 T lime juice, 1 T coconut sugar, and 1 chopped tomato
- Simmer 2 minutes and serve with tofu, chicken rice, salad, or in a pita! Top with cashews for extra crunch.
If you like it extra saucy:
- Boil coconut milk, simmer and stir till thick. Add 2 T curry paste.
Crispy Curry Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into small rectangles
- 1 T olive oil
- Curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat
- Add tofu pieces and sprinkle with curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Fry until nice a crispy (approximately 2-3 minutes per side) and enjoy!